Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I just had an operation 3 months ago regarding my appendix

Hi, I just had an operation 3 months ago regarding my appendix in which they have removed also they have discovered an infection on my both overies which they drained. I have returned for a gynecologist check up for transvaginal ultrasound and said everything is normal and mybe the cause of infertility is because of blockage/damage of my uterus/fallopian tube that's why egg and sperm don't meet. I have included that during my fertility week i'm having pain during sex. my question is what's the cause of my infection on my both ovaries I've only got my husband and we are happily married. also what's the cause of blockage/damage of my uterus/fallopian tube?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Even if you have only one sexual partner your husband, infection can climb up the vagina, cervix into the uterus and then the tubes and ovaries.

The infection can come from your urinary tract.

During sexual activities, the bacteria can move from the urinary tract to the vagina easily.

The infection will cause inflammation and blockage of the tubes.

This is due to the scar tissue formation by inflammation.

However, the problem may be fixed by reconstructing the tubes.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Basu, a follow up question i have this painful sex during my fertility week specially on my ovulation. If the penis really reaches deep inside and touches something it hurts feels like there's something swollen inside. is this really serious matter? thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

The pain during sex can be due to the increased sensitivity of the cervix and vaginal lining under hormonal influence.

Usually not serious.

However sometimes, it can be due to the infection deep down the cervix.

Treatment with antibiotic should stop that if infection related.

Best wishes