Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My daughter had a urine test. How serious is a reading of

My daughter had a urine test. How serious is a reading of 5.9 mmo 1/Lof creatinine (blood 92 umo 1/L, eGFR 71) and 15 cmm of white blood cells?
What should she avoid eating/include in her diet to reduce these levels?
Cheryl
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Creatinine level is absolutely normal. But white blood cells are raised in urine test which signifies urinary tract infection. The treatment includes antibiotics. She needs to follow up with her doctor for antibiotic prescription. And she have to take loads of fluids so that her kidneys can flush out the bacteria. Raspberry juice would help.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am confused that her creatinine level is normal. She went for a medical examination as she has been offered employment as a singer on a cruise liner. The PEME said she has to have another urine test because her creatinine level is elevated and also to check for wbc. I am just so worried, because we received the email on Friday and can't do anything over the weekend, that this will prevent her getting the job.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

Her urine creatinine is normal and her blood creatinine is very mildly raised like upper limit is 90 and she has 92. This would get normal if she takes lots of fluids.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I don't know whether to give 5 star as it needs to be confirmed, but thank you for your help and advice.