Dr.Nasim
Dr.Nasim, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,FCPS
28821206

I suddenly have lost my balance. walking is difficult.

i suddenly have lost my balance. walking is difficult.
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Have you monitor your blood pressure?

Any medical history?

Neck stiffness?

Clogged ears?

Nausea,vomiting?

Blurred vision?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nausea not taking any medication. only just started happening. have had stiff neck for last month. I don't monitor my blood pressure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anything serious/

Well as you describe possible causes of your current symptoms may include Cervical spondylosis,Inner ear inflammation,High blood pressure,Benign Paroxysmal positional vertigo,Stroke.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses with a heating pad on back of neck.

Also take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

You should monitor your blood pressure.

If it's low then gatorade can be taken.

And hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

You can take OTC Meclizine which relieve nausea and dizziness.

If your symptoms'll persist then visit ER or see your doctor ASAP.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Expert:  Dr.Nasim replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to just answer.com

Loss of balance is usually described as dizziness or vertigo. A person who has vertigo feels that either he is spinning himself or things around him are spinning. Other features can be tilting, falling to one side, swaying etc. This feeling is often associated with nausea, headache, ringing in the ears, jerky movement of the eyes. Dizziness can last for few seconds to few minutes and sometimes for hours. It usually comes and goes.

It can be because of various reasons. Most common reason is a problem in the inner ear. Common cause is BPPV which is called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo which appears with the change of posture. It is a benign condition. It appears due to deposition of calcium in the inner ear canal. Sometimes it appears without any reason with the increasing age.

It can also be associated with inflammation of inner ear canal due to infection which is called vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis. Most common reason is viral infection which usually improves after few days.

Vertigo can be associated with Meniere's disease which occurs due to accumulation of fluid in inner ear canal which leads to build up of pressure in the inner ear and loss of balance and ringing in era.

With increasing age there are degenerative changes in the cervical spine which leads to cervical spondylosis and feeling of dizziness.

If vertigo is persistent and bothersome, it can be associated with some serious underlying problem in part of the brain called cerebellum. So cerebellar disorders are associated with dizziness and loss of balance.

But having said that it should also be kept in mind that dizziness or loss of balance can also appear because of other reasons also. If some one has low hemoglobin or low blood in body due to any reason, dizziness or loss of balance . So get your blood checked to see Hemoglobin concentration.

Secondly get an x-ray of cervical spine to see if there are any degenerative changes.

Some times there is wax in the ear, in fact a very common problem, so please get your ears checked by an ENT doctor (Ear,nose, throat doctor), he might find wax in the ear, which can be removed easily and vertigo or dizziness goes away.

For persistent vertigo and loss of balance, neurologist's opinion must be taken, who may advice CT scan or MRI brain to look for brain diseases.

My opinion is to look for common reasons before thinking of serious disorders.

If you have any more queries, you are always welcome to ask.

Dr.Nasim, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,FCPS