Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Over 2-3 weeks I have been hearing a pulsating whooshing

Customer Question

Hi, for just over 2-3 weeks I have been hearing a pulsating whooshing noise in my ear. I have noticed that if I push down on the right side of my neck where my pulse is the noise stops (its also a little painful to touch there). I am a 20 year old female and have just found out I am 4 weekspregnant.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

You are suffering from tinnitis that is a continuous noise in the ear, There can be number of causes including nerve irritation, viral or bacterial infection. I would suggest you to get your ear examined by your GP so that exact cause can be found and treatment can be given acordingly.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it related to my pregnancy?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

Yes it can be associated with pregnancy. But other causes need to be ruled out.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.