DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have been suffering with a changed sensation, slight

Hello , I have been suffering with a changed sensation , slight numbness and pricking feeling in my mouth , gums and teeth for nearly 3 years . My dentist thought that it might be a mobile tooth , removed the amalgam filling , did root canal treatment and then removed the tooth , the problem still remained . With many trips to my GP , first she thought it was a lack of vitamin then flitting neuralgia , I was then transferred to max -fax where they fitted a standard mouth guard , as I clench my teeth .I have been wearing the guard for 6 months and it has made no difference to my symptoms , since then I have have countless blood tests and a total blood count that thankfully came back normal . I have also had a MRI scan on my brain and TMJ joint which also came back normal . I am now been transferred to another dental department to have my mercury levels checked . I would really appreciate your sound advise . Thank you so much .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Heavy metal toxicity is an often overlooked cause.

You are on the right next step.

Also to rule out

B vitamin deficiencies

Iron deficiency

Hidden infection or malignancy

Calcium/vitamin D problems

Idiopathic neuropathy

Anxiety disorder

medication effects

allergy

acid reflux

other

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your very prompt reply , I am grateful . The other symptoms I didn't mention in my last e- mail are :
Frequent headaches
Ear ach
Limited ROM at the TMJ joint
Constant aching at the TMJ joint
Increased skin inside of my cheeks
Clicking at TMJ joint
Clenching
Irritability
Night time itching - take piriton
Bloating
Feeling of stress /anxiety
Chronic fatigue
Brain fog
Alapleacia in a small area
Often feeling sick and often being sick
In response to your e Mail I have had several blood tests and a total blood count , it showed no evidence of lack of vitamin B ,vitamin D, calcium and iron . I do sadly suffer with OCD and am under a psychiatrist for this and take venaxx(
Venlaxine ) my psychiatrist has tried me on several different medications to rule out the side effects , although I do understand it can be a problem . I do suffer with occasional episodes of acid reflux and do take ranitidine when it occurs . How would I find out it could be a hidden infection , malignancy or a idiopathic neuropathy or allergy/ other . I am incredibly grateful for your tremendous help , thank you so very much .