Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Been suffering from dizziness and headaches months now and

Customer Question

Been suffering from dizziness and headaches for 4 months now and it isn't getting better. I have constant headaches and it feels like I cannot concentrate or focus on anything. It feels like I'm detached from my body. I am always yawning no matter how much sleep I have. I feel like my ears need to pop and a slight pressure on my head is always present.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been to get a eye test done and they didn't find anything major wrong with my eye sight however she did prescribe me some lenses as she said I have astigmatism in both eyes.
Expert:  Dr.Nasim replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to just answer.com

With astigmatism one can have few and mild symptoms like little blurred vision, eye strain and mild headache.In your case it does not seem to be the reason.

As you say, your symptoms are present for quite some time, with inability to concentrate, feeling fatigued and yawning most of the time, I would like to say perhaps you have some busy daily life schedule/life style in which you do not get enough time to have a better sleep and leisure time to spend and relax.

But being a a medical professional I would like to rule out any underlying illness for theses symptoms like "hypothyroidism", a disease in which one's body metabolism gets slowed down,patient feels fatigued,lethargic, becomes slow, can not perform daily activities with full strength, there is weight gain, gradual change in voice (hoarseness), high blood cholesterol level and later stages lead to problems with blood pressure and cardiac symptoms and fluid accumulation in body spaces.

I would like you to get your basic tests done including CBC (complete blood count), Serum TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level, serum lipid profile in fasting state, creatinine (kidney functions) and ALT level.

If everything turns out to be normal, you may need to look around your life style which may need little modification including healthy food intake,moderation of alcohol consumption if you use it, reducing cigarette smoking if you smoke and daily 30 minutes brisk walk. It would be extremely beneficial.

I hope you find my opinion useful. If you have any more queries.you are most welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.. how about the feeling of this pressure in brain and ears popping? Any thoughts on that coupled with all my other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't drink or smoke either by the way.
Expert:  Dr.Nasim replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Its nice to know that you don't drink and smoke.Pressure on brain can very well be related to the anxiety and same can lead to popping of the ears. But I would like you to see an ENT (ear,nose, throat) doctor to have a look into your ears if there is some local inflammation or blockade in ear canal (wax in the ear is a common reason).

you are welcome for any queries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr you have been a big help. My dizziness episodes are more like vertigo where the room is completely spinning. I guess me fasting for Ramadan isn't helping either!
Expert:  Dr.Nasim replied 1 year ago.

Hi dear

Nice to hear from you about Ramadan fast.

If you feel like dizzy spells like that, its truly called vertigo as you described. It is caused by various reason.More likely causes are very benign like if you are fasting for Ramadan,dehydration can lead to such symptoms, so keep you well hydrated during sehr and iftaar times when you are not in a fasting state.

Other than that it can be due to some problem in the inner ear canal which can lead to dizziness and imbalance. So I think ENT exam is must. Take plenty of fluids too.

I would not consider any serious issue right at the moment for your dizziness and headache as common things are common.

But in case the symptoms get worse, a neurologist's opinion and CT/MRI brain must be done to rule out any underlying neurological issue.

you are welcome for any queries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Doctor Nabil. Is there anyway you could send me a referral letter to send me to the most appropriate specialist so I can send to my medical insurance company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nasim*
Expert:  Dr.Nasim replied 1 year ago.

Send me your email address. We can talk about that. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok doctor. My email is***@******.***
Expert:  Dr.Nasim replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Nasim replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please press accept button with positive rating. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I give you positive response?
Expert:  Dr.Nasim replied 1 year ago.

By accepting my reply. Push accept button. Thanks