Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Is it unnecessary to have a Hep vaccine if you have sex with

Is it unnecessary to have a Hep B vaccine if you have sex with prostitutes?
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

No.

It is necessary to get vaccinated as having sex with prostitutes is a risk factor for transmitting HBV.

HBV has been found in vaginal secretions and can be transmitted by sex.Promiscuous individuals are more likely to get HBV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if you are having protected sex with prostitutes, is Hep B vaccine still necessary then?

Better to get vaccinated.

Rarely condom rupture may happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But prostitutes take care of themselves so a condom breaking is highly unlikely, right?

Also HBV can transmit from deep kissing.So i strongly suggest getting vaccinated.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many years does Hep B vaccine last for?

Usually it is a 3-dose series at 0, 1, and 6 month.

Studies indicate that immunologic memory remains intact for at least 20 years among healthy vaccinated individuals.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the Hep B vaccine had wrong blood, Can A.B.O test detect incompatible blood if blood transfusion was done a few years ago?

If wrong blood is transfused the patient may had transfusion reaction at that time.

Usually blood is checked for hepatitis B before transfusion and also checked for HIV and HCV.

Also cross-match is also done to check compatibility.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so you're saying that because it's been 4 years since I had a blood transfusion (Hep B vaccine). I can't find out if there is wrong blood present in my immune system because it's been too many years? Wouldn't the A.B.O Incompatibility reveal if there is wrong blood present? If not what is the correct test? I've done normal blood tests many times and they came out fine.

As of now if you think you have been transfused wrong blood you can ask the lab to do following test now.

HbsAg ELISA

HCV ELISA

HIV ELISA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't the A.B.O incompatibility test reveal if you have A.B.O incompatibility reaction or not after you had a blood transfusion?

It would have revealed at the time of transfusion reaction but not now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why not now?

An ABO incompatibility reaction can occur if you receive the wrong type of blood during a blood transfusion. Bit it is very rare.

Blood grouping and cross matching is performed before transfusion.

I think in 4 years new blood cells RBC WBC and platelets have already been formed many times.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what tests should you do now 4 years later? Is it absolutely certain A.B.O test won't reveal anything 4 years later?

ABO test will tell your blood group.

A different test called Coombs test can be tried.An abnormal (positive) Coombs test means you have antibodies that act against your red blood cells.

But it is most likely to be reported as Negative after 4 years.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about A.B.O Incompatibility test?

ABO incompatibility is an immune system reaction that occurs when blood from two different and incompatible blood types are mixed together.

Coomb's test can help to diagnose this and is a type of ABO incompatibility test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can the ABO incompatibility test still reveal if you have two different and incompatible blood types mixed together 4 years after the blood transfusion?

No.