Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have achy heavy feeling legs. Particularly in calves. As

I have achy heavy feeling legs. Particularly in calves. As well as slight tingly in toes and fingers. Worried it is something serious so getting stressed. Had a massage which relieved symptoms but they came back next morning.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

There can be few reasons of your symptoms but the main problem lies with the nerves. Sometimes disc in your lower back protrudes out and compresses the nerve exiting from the back that supply your legs and feet. This compression of nerves can result in pain and tingling sensation. I would suggest you to visit your GP and get it examined you may need an MRI of your lower back for exact diagnoisis. Keep massaging. And take ibuprofen tablet twice a day it would relieve pain,edema and inflammation around nerves. Warm compresses would help as well. Check your blood sugar levels as to rule out diabetes. Taking multivitamins would be helpful.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of your screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am abroad so can't currently see a GP. Could it be from lack of exercise and movement. I have been lying / sitting in sun for few weeks now! My main worry was it was MS but does that sound unlikely?!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

It can be due to prolonged sitting and putting pressure on your back. MS is unlikely. You can see your GP when you go home. Just take actions i have advised above.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Best wishes.