DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I recently experienced an attack of diarrhea which lasted 10

I recently experienced an attack of diarrhea which lasted 10 days - no vomiting, no temperature, no blood - just urgency and extremely, watery stools. For the last four days and for the week or so since I have been woken in the early hours of the morning experiencing severe pain particularly in my wrists, and shoulder/neck, together with general stiffness. This eases during the day, and by mid afternoon I am virtually pain free, tho' my wrists are somewhat swollen - until the next night....!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

It is possible to develop reactive arthritis after a bowel infection.

You need to see your doctor immediately.

You might still need stool analysis.

You might need prescription anti inflammatory medication.

This can be another disorder as well, such as muscle disease

Or spinal disease.

I would not delay on an evaluation.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

thanks

find me by request in medical to get prompt and accurate answers.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas.