DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

About 5 weeks ago a small area around my left ankle began to

About 5 weeks ago a small area around my left ankle began to irritate. A doctor told me it was nothing to worry about and would probably clear up on it's own. The rash has now spread up to my left calf and another rash has started to irritate on my right leg. My doctor put me on antibiotics and anti itch cream a couple of weeks ago, but things are getting worse, even after being told to use some steroid cream for once a day for 5 days. This is causing me a great deal of distress and I am at a loss as to what or where I should go now. Please help
Wendy Hughes
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

hello

This can be a rash from venous stasis.

Bad veins in the legs.

Go back to your doctor.

Ask for an ultrasound of the legs to check the legs.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/