Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

After having an ultrasound last week it was discovered that

After having an ultrasound last week it was discovered that lots of small gallstones over 20 in my gallbladder, the consultant who I am under has said I don't need my gallbladder removed adding that this is not the cause of my constipation, yes I suffer constipation however my stools are always soft but I do suffer debilitating main around my gallbladder area, I will not let this matter go as I am in too much pain all the the time, please could I have your advise .
Many Thanks
Sharon
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

If you have stones and you have pain in the right hypochondrium you can demand cholecystectomy that is removal of gall bladder but every consultant has its own opinion, if this one is not keen on surgery you can request a second opinion.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advise which was exactly what my own doctor has just told me.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have any further queries about this, please leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

You can reply back if there are any concerns left unaddressed.

Regards.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Wish you good health.