Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

This may sound silly but always been overweight and after a

This may sound silly but always been overweight and after a health scrae was told to loose at least 3 stone; have lost 2 of these in 3 months but have notice my ' love handles ' are different sizes and the left side is quite pronounced. There is no pain and bowels fine but seems to be getting larger; is this to do with the weight loss
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

In massive weight loss or weight loss of any kind where a proper training is not involved, the loss of fat is always asymmetric. That is why you see the left love handle bigger than the right. If you want symmetric weight loss then a proper training routine or a physical training instructor can help you. Exercise, cardio and a proper diet will also help.

However, do not worry, hernias in this area are largely uncommon and are always small, bigger ones are not so shy in presentation and always have frank symptoms which you mentioned not having.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks have another question, was diagnosed with Opthalmic Shingles one month ago and had eyes checked etc; since then scabs have fallen off and look ok but have persistent tenderness and head pain, they did indicate this can take sometime to heal and apart from painkillers is there anything else I can do as is getting me down and probably not helping anxiety?