Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Uh I have been on the depo provera jag 3 years now, I got

Hey! Uh I have been on the depo provera jag for over 3 years now, I got really scared I have been bleeding for about a week, some dead brown blood but some fresh, a clump of blood has just came out larger than a 20p coin. Should I be worried?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

This can happen with depo provera. Not unusual and not something that I would be concerned about too much unless the bleeding is really heavy when you need to be seen to be evaluated further and to rule out anaemia.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Please do rate me before you leave by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if this means anything but when someone pokes me on my back, areas of my arm and legs it can almost feel like a bruising pain/ (feeling tender) is being left. It is 2:30 in the morning I do not want to wake up my parents by a phone call.
Thank you, ***** ***** have never had this with being on the depo and last time I had similar bleeding well a clot it was a miscarriage.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

No it does not mean a great deal i.e. the symptoms that you mentioned.

They can happen normally but if they are persistent then I would like that you should be seen for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you very much for putting my mind at ease.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome.

I would appreciate a rating before you leave as that is the only way I am paid by the website here.

Kindest regards