Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Started Monday night and Tuesday was also accompanied with

Customer Question

Started Monday night and Tuesday was also accompanied with acid reflux burning when lying down, this has got worse over the few days and I was only passing mucous for at least an entire day and night. Been keeping hydrated but had no appetite until today, despite still having bloating and mostly watery stools and persisting cramps I began with boiled noodles early morning, they made me feel much better, so I rice this afternoon and roast chicken in evening. Tonight has been the worst night since the diarrhoea began, as has the gastric reflux which is focused between the sternum and belly button, where the stomach joins the small intestine I think. It's been a fairly consistent 90-120 minutes between evacuations which come with heavy cramping - also bulbous swelling started around anus which is very sore. Some nausea in between evacuations but mostly acid intermittently usually preceding an evacuation. I have begun taking PPI at 20mg (Omeprazole) - there is no vomiting and no fever - is there more I should be doing at this point? I am a 46yr old male smoker.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm very worried about this.

This is concerning

It could be diverticulitis or an ulcer

I think you need to go to ER right now

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com