Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

On holiday in Paris weekend. I left my medication Triumeq at

I am HIV+ and on holiday in Paris for the weekend. I left my medication Triumeq at home in London by mistake. The doctors here are all closed and I can't get any of the medication here. By the time I return to London I will have missed three days' doses. I appreciate that this is not ideal but wanted to ask whether this is a serious problem or whether I can continue with the medication once I return?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

This is not a serious problem.

Viral starts returning to blood if you do not take anti viral medicines for 2 weeks.Therefore missing the medicine for 3 days should not cause you any harm.

Off course ideally you should not miss any.

This is my initial answer.

Please reply if you need any clarification.

If done do take a moment to rate my answer as this is the only way we get paid for our work and time on this website.