Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I am approximately 10 weeks pregnant but am worried in the

Hello, I am approximately 10 weeks pregnant but am worried in the past few days that I have had a small period which has been a bit blood clotty - I am in no pain and feel fine - just tired, but am worried if anything is wrong?
Please could you advise?
Many thanks,
Lucinderj (36 years old)
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Have you had an ultrasound? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can't get an appointment with a midwife until 21 st July so I'm waiting until then.

Some bleeding in early pregnancy is not unusual, but bleeding may also be the first sign of a miscarriage.

The way to know is with an ultrasound. If it shows a heartbeat (usually seen by 6 weeks), then miscarriage is highly unlikely. If there is no heartbeat, then it will be a miscarriage.

In the US, bleeding is a reason to come in early for an ultrasound. I don't know about int he UK, but I'd call and ask.

If it is a miscarriage, there isn't anything that can be done to prevent it. Best wishes.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please click the rating stars. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.