DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am taking Propranolol and I have brought them away with me

Hello I am taking Propranolol for anxiety and I have brought them away with me on holiday but I have run out I am ok missing a few days, I take 1 80msg a day
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Propranolol is a beta blockers used to treat anxiety and various other conditions.One of its effect is that it slow down your heart rate so one possible side effect of suddenly stopping it is a sudden increase i your heart rate and palpitations. So i would suggest you to arrange this and it is not advisable to miss it if you have been taking it regularly for some time.In the meanwhile missing it for a day or so might not effect you but there is a definite chance that you might develop such symptoms plus worsening of your anxiety symptoms if you don,t take it.

Good Luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question and till you are satisfied

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very helpful

You are welcome