Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Was hoping advise. I suffered a perforated eardrum Thursday

Hello, was hoping for some advise. I suffered a perforated eardrum Thursday morning and got prescribed amoxicillin as a five day course. I'm now on day 4, my ear is still draining quite a bit, not thick puss but a yellowish liquid and sometimes a drop of blood. Is this normal or do I need to make another appointment with the go?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

The good news is that puss is not there and this yellowish one is exudative fluid due to inflammation. It can take up to one week to 10 days. You should complete antibiotic course and if it keeps draining after 10 days then you can followup with your doctor.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great thanks for your help!!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure to help you.