Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have a pain down the right hand side of my neck. My throat

Customer Question

I have a pain down the right hand side of my neck. My throat is not sore but the pain gets worse when I swallow. I have had an xray at my dentist and this showed up nothing. I have had this for about six weeks, and for the first 5 days I also had a pain in my ear. my dr does not know what to suggest but isadament that anti biotics would not help. How does she know this if she doesn't know what is causing the pain? what do I do now? at the moment i am taking paracetamol which helps for about 2/3 hrs.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have acid reflux coming up from your stomach causing your pain when you swallow.

acid reflux is very common and can happen at night time when you sleep

have you tried any stomach acid reducing agents for your stomach to see if that helps?