DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 47 year old male and have a pain in my groin and

Customer Question

Hi I am a 47 year old male and have a pain in my groin and sometimes left testicle. Nothing when walking or jogging , but when Im in bed lifting my leg , or sneeze it goes through that area and sometimes shots up through my lower abdomen
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

OK, I will go over the possibilities here.

Hernia, usually inguinal. You don't have to have a bulge.

Prostate inflammation

Infection in the testicle

Other problem in the scrotum [torsion of the testicle, varicocele, .....not likely really]

Hip arthritis, which refers pain to the groin and testing.

Lower spine nerve compression.

Of course, you first need an exam.

Depending on the exam, ultrasound of the testicle, MRI of the lower spine.

Or other testing.

I would not fail to see your doctor this week.

Additional information: the fact that it happens in bed, not walking or jogging, tends to favor a musculoskeletal problem [hip spine] in some ways, but not enough to cause problems jogging.

It could also favor hernia.

All are possible: exam needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/