Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

A while now every few days my poop is yellow and I have a

For quite a while now every few days my poop is yellow and I have a the urgency to go to the toilet, I am a heavy drinker ( beer) other days is okish , I'm scared I've got chronic pancreatitis I'm 41
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

irritation of your bowels can cause fast stool movement through your system

bile from your gall bladder may not have enough time to help you absorb fats and proteins in your bowels and this can cause your stools to be yellow.

heavy drinking will not help your bowels

usually pancreatitis will cause severe abdominal pains, nausea, and inability to eat.

if you continue to drink heavy alcohol, you will give yourself pancreatitis or something else bad.

you need to talk to your doctor about getting help to cut down and quit your alcohol use.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no that I need to cut down , I've been drinking like this for about 4yrs 6 cans of fosters a night , would a doctor be able to feel if there was something wrong with the pancreatitis
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

blood tests are better to know if there is anything wrong with the pancreas.

blood test for amylase and lipase and bilirublin levels are ways to check on the pancreas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had blood tests done 4 years ago and all was good , and had bilirubin levels done a few week back and all was good , so is that a good sign
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, that is a good sign

but the longer you drink, the more at risk you are of causing damage to your liver, your pancreas or your stomach and other problems.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com