DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Past three weeks my daughter who is 14 has been getting

Good morning
For the past three weeks my daughter who is 14 has been getting rashes all over her arms, chest and neck ,they first appear as a light pink shade on her skin then they develop into a dark cigarette burn mark where the top flakes of and leaves a sore pink flesh irritation the doctors have not got a glue and even the childrens hospital cannot help me they do not know what it is i mentioned Lichenplanus but they dismissed it? as a parent I am totally frustrated with the whole situation I am watching my daughter flare up in pain daily watching the sores develop and there is nothing anybody can do for me can you please help me please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure why the rash was not tested.

This looks fungal, such as in tinea versicolor.

I would have the rash sampled and sent to the lab.

Very easy to do.

Antifungals are probably needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/