Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I had emergency surgery in January perforated appendix &

Customer Question

I had emergency surgery in January for a perforated appendix & bowel.
Apart from the large scar and infection I was ok.I was in hospital for 3 weeks.
I was doing ok until week 8/9 where I hadn't passed a motion for 6 days.They kept me in and done an enema and this worked however the pain didn't leave on the two joins of the colon and around the general area.
I was taken in as a day surgery to have a colonoscopy where I was given 75 ml of fentynel and within seconds was screaming in pain and taking it out.I even called there 2 days later crying in pain and told it was normal and it will go.They took biopsies because there wasn't much veining in the colon.
Since then I can no longer eat solid food because of the pain it causes within a few minutes of swallowing.I have to do an enema every few days and the appointment for a follow up is now a telephone appointment with a nurse.Could you please advise?
Many Thanks
Brenda Butcher ( UK)
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Brenda for this question

This seems very severe

Have you had your gall bladder tested?

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply