DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My brother has an absess on s penis and has been given

Customer Question

My brother has an absess on his penis and has been given antibiotics..This morning he noticed bleeding from his penis - not surface...from within....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I take him to hospital?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Bleeding from penis can be due to infection. If the bleeding is coming from the urethra while passing urine than it can have many reasons. It can be due to a urinary infection,calculi,prostate infection,trauma,bleeding disorders,some diseases of the urinary bladder and even kidneys.If this is a new development i would suggest to see your doctor for examination to find out where exactly is the problem and then he can guide you further investigations accordingly.If the bleeding is continuous i would suggest an evaluation in urgent care.

Good luck

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said, he has been diagnosed with an absess and is on antibiotics for it...but this bleeding is new.Could it relate to the absess?

If it is coming from the same area where the abscess is then its quite possible that it could be due to the abscess but if it is coming from a new site then other possibilities as i mentioned need to be considered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it warrant taking him to hospital, do you think?

Yes if it is a continuous bleeding i would suggest to have an examination

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much I think the bleeding is due to the abscess but since his next doctor's appointment isn't until Friday, I think we will pursue this more actively.....I would upgrade your stars if I could !!!!!

you are welcome