Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a bloated tummy, lower abdominal pain on the right

I have a bloated tummy, lower abdominal pain on the right side and a green stained mucus discharge, is this some thing to worry about or shall I get an emergency dr appointment
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you today. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description the likely cause of your symptoms is an infection in your colon. Green discharge means an infection. Sometime it can be due to diarrhea but when associated with pain and bloatment, an infection is most likely. Yes you should go to emergency and get your evaluation done by blood tests and stool examination. Please don't ignore this. Get it treated before it gets worse. I reassure you that there is nothing life threatening and your problem is treatable. Till you visit, drink plenty of fluids specially gatorade. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, you can ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it not be an infected cyst on my ovary ? By bowel is working normal and urinating is normal
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Are you having discharge from your vagina?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
slimy clear with green in it (not smelly or itchy)
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes in that case you are likely to have am infection called bacterial vaginosis. Infected cyst is least likely because from there discharge can't present in vagina. The other possibility is pelvic inflammatory disease. Irrespective of the cause you should go to ER because you need treatment right now but I reassure you that you are going to be alright. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, you can ask anything you want. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call my doctors tomorrow for an appointment, hopefully will get an emergency one as routine is two weeks :-(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will phone dr in the morning and ask for an emergency appointment, thank you
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can wait till tomorrow but for pain control you can take over the counter available tablet Aleve twice daily. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. Please remember to rate my answer. Regards