DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I was away last week in America and I my foot the burn got

Customer Question

I was away last week in America and I burnt my foot the burn got infected and I went to the hospital they didn't clean it just prescribed some antibiotics and creams It didn't seem to get better then my whole foot is infected rose to my ankle. And the plane journey didn't help but I seem to now have swelling around my knee and I keep getting sharp pains in my kidneys I'm concerned the infection is in my blood.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

It is quite possible that the infection in your foot area is spreading and not responding to the antibiotic. I would suggest to go to an urgent care and get evaluated.You might need to run some tests on your blood just to see if there is evidence of infection in your blood. If infection is still present as it seems like you might need to change the antibiotic.Also the management of that burn area is important which can be done by keep area clean and applying local anti septic and antibiotic and if wound is really bad might need a debridement. So for now i would suggest to see the doctor right now

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating