DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have discomfort on my left jaw when chewing especially

Customer Question

Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

The commonest reason for the left jaw pain while chewing is a temporomandibular joint disease. This joint can be effected by various inflammatory arthritis and also some non inflammatory arthritis .A trauma or blow to the joint can also leads to such pain. Till the time you see your doctor anti inflammatory drugs might help in relieving the pain. If you have any other symptom suggestive of any other rheumatic or systemic disorder that too need to be investigated.After examining you physically your doctor can advise further medicines accordingly.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long should i wait for this to settle?

Now as i mentioned it(TM joint) can have various reasons to be inflamed so first of all your doctor need to look up at it and then advise you treatment accordingly.The time to settle can vary depending upon the exact cause.

Good luck