DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have just come back from Florida (Thurs) after a 2 week

I have just come back from Florida (Thurs) after a 2 week holiday. Because I am unaccustomed to such extreme temperatures where they were hitting 95-100 everyday I used a factor 30 drank plenty of water to keep hydrated and wore very light loose fitting clothing and a hat, although I didnt wear the hat on the first day. I was out in the heat most days but I was also going inside on a regular basis where there was air con in every building to cool down. During the day no matter how much I drank my urine was always very dark and on at least 2 occasions I think I suffered from heat exhaustion. I carried around a fan with a water bottle spray although I found this of little use. Since I have been back I have switched from being hot and cold although mostly really cold, tired and achy and feeling quite weak in mind and body. I am supposed to be returning to work tomorrow starting at 3.30am and I am worried that I may not be able to work to my usual standard. (I work in security in an airport) I obviously understand about jet lag but I'm tired at various points during the day but mostly first thing when I wake up to then being suddenly wide awake. Another concern I had while I was away was my balance. I would lose my balance while walking but more so when I was just standind still. Does this make any sense to you because it does not to me. Any advice would be helpful.
I have just turned 47 and I am overweight and also feel stupidly over emotional
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what your exact question is.

So I will tell you that this does not sound heat related, given the precautions you tool.

It sounds like you have an underlying problem.

Balance problems can be from

brain

heart

nervous system

inner ear.

The fatigue can go along with any of these.

Or any other underlying illness such as anemia, iron deficiency, and other problems.

You need to arrange to see an internist this week.

And I would get a brief exam and going over at urgent care now.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/