Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

8 month old baby girl. Vomiting started Thursday eve after

8 month old baby girl. Vomiting started Thursday eve after milk feed. Quite a lot (she spent day at nursery and may have eaten more than usual) I gave her water through the night. Tried her with milk for breakfast but she was sick an hour later. Gave her water through day and some toast for tea. She was fine and seemed hungry. Tried her with milk in the evening and was fine. Slightly constipated through the day too- a few small hard stools. Breakfast this morning was fine. Milk and a little bit of weetabix (to help bowel movements). Second feed she was sick again an hour later. So just gave water through day. Tried her with 4oz milk around 3.30pm. She was fine and had two good bowel movements (not hard, or runny). Before bed milk she was sick again. No temperature. She is teething and has generally been her normal playful self apart from when tired she's been clingy. As it's weekend can't get doctors appointment. Does it sound like a bug/ teething ? Something that needs checking out?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description it sounds like bug. Teething can have some input as well. So far she is not very unwell. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do. You should give her pedialyte as much as she can. Moreover you can give her over the counter available syrup dramamine 2.5 ml thrice daily. This will help her to get rid of vomiting. Give her toast and porridge or whatever light diet you give her. Try to avoid milk for a day and then retry it. Hopefully by tomorrow she will start feeling well. If vomiting persist despite these measures , take her to doctor/ER but for now you can try my suggestions and hopefully they will help her. I wish her good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, you can ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Is pedialyte available over the counter as I sent my partner to chemist yesterday to get some (not knowing the name just told him to ask for something similar to dyorolyte for babies) and they said there is no such thing available to buy??
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Yes pedialyte is available over the counter. Otherwise just ask them for any oral rehydration solution. If nothing is found, here is a way to make it at home;

Mix one liter of water, 6 teaspoon of sugar and half teaspoon of salt. Mix well and make her drink. My best wishes and prayers will be following her. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help and we'll wishes.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Welcome :)