DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Woken up with severe pain in right shoulder. Not wearing off

Customer Question

Woken up with severe pain in right shoulder. Not wearing off despite painkillers. Now extending down my arm. General weakness in right arm. What should I do?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Is it get worse on movements?

Any pain in the neck or chest ?

Any known medical problem or medicines you are taking?

Are you unable to move the right arm and shoulder due to weakness ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the same whether moving or still. Soreness in base of neck on right. No medical problems or medication. Can move arm but generally weak

Thanks for the reply

This pain and weakness can be due to some nerve impingement in the neck or the cervical spine disease. If it is not responding to the pain killers then i would suggest that you see the doctor. Another possibility is that of a musculoskeletal problem which can occur due to bad posture while sleeping. Also i would like that you do have an ECG as well just to make sure its not from the heart(chances are very low though for it to be originating from heart). Some types of stroke can give rise to pain and weakness in some localized area of the body as well. So my advise would be to see the doctor now.

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Are you there ??

Do ask if you have any further question

If you are done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating