Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My feet have began hurting me when I walk. I have also

My feet have began hurting me when I walk. I have also noticed that I am one dress size up (Size 18) but I have been for the passed 10 years a size 16. I am trying to lose weight by being more conscious of what I eat and I do walk for exercise however for the past couple of days no matter what shoes I wear my feet ache during and after walking for more than 15 minutes? Can you tell me what is wrong?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could be retaining more fluid and this can cause weight gain.

eating more salt in your diet or eating out can cause you to retain fluid and weight.

at your age of 53, you could also be having declines of your estrogen levels causing menopause which can slow down your metabolism and cause weight gain.

you could also be having low thyroid hormone levels which can slow down your metabolism and cause weight gain

you need to see your doctor and get blood testing to check your thyroid hormone levels

and avoid salt and continue to eat healthy and exercise.

when was the last time you saw your doctor to get blood testing?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com