Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Please could you help? I had to clean a bin today that had

Good eveningPlease could you help? I had to clean a bin today that had cat poo on it. In doing so I came into contact with another substance which was either very runny cat poo or cat vomit, or very gone wrong bird poo (it looked light brown and the consistency of runny porridge). I've tried find a picture but I can't. Unfortunately, the disinfectant bottle that I was using also had the substance on it but I didn't realise. I brought the bottle in from outside and placed it onto the floor whilst i finished cleaning. I later on picked up the bottle and realised the substance was on there. I grabbed a dettol wipe and used the wipe to pick off the substance as at this point it had dried. It was extremely hard to remove. I stupidly didn't wear gloves! I just wasn't thinking. I'm no worried about infecting myself and others, especially if it contains toxoplasmosis or anything that can harm any pregnant women. I'm worried it maybe under my nails even though i can't see anything and I have washed my hands copious amounts. Please could someone help?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

There is zero risk as long as you washed your hands

you should be fine

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr. Sorry for such a late response. I haven't been near a PC today. That's good to hear. Thank you again.