DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a very weak leg after severe back pain three weeks

Customer Question

I have a very weak leg after severe back pain three weeks ago, there is no pain but I am unable to stand unless my leg is straight, if I bend it I collapse, There is a tingling sensation all the time, the muscles do not seem to respond below the knee, from a sitting position I am unable to fully straighten my leg, but no pain. I hope you can help' I can't get a Dr appointment for two weeks .
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Your symptom suggest the possibility of a lumbar spine problem. It can be due to lumbar spondylosis,spinal stenosis or a lumbar disc disease. These symptoms needs further evaluation and an MRI of the spine will be required to further investigate the cause . I would suggest to see the doctor at the earliest and go for an MRI. Usually nerve compression causes symptoms of tingling or numbness . It would be best to see a neurologist at this point.If you cant find an early appointment then do visit your GP or if you feel worsening symptom never mind going to an urgent care facility

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating