Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

On the 6th April '16 I was diagnosed as having cellulitis,

On the 6th April '16 I was diagnosed as having cellulitis, initially in one lower leg then it also affected the other. I was given 2 7-day courses of Flucloxacillin 500mg then put on Phenoxymethyl penicillin 250mg by my doctor. in the meantime my legs had blisters and hard red lumps. However I've not had these for a week but my legs, although normal in the morning, swell up again during the day. I really do not want to continue taking the penicillin unless I really have to as it has been a long time. What do you recommend?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach a picture of the current appearance of the legs?

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

It was a pleasure talking with you today. The itnervention that I mentioned during our conversation includes -

• completing the antibiotic course
  • avoiding added salt in the diet
  • getting regular exercise that involves the legs, such as walking
  • wearing compression stockings, such as TED stocking or a similar brand
  • using a supplement called horse chestnut

Thank you for using JustAnswer.