DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Pain.Fatigue. Weak legs. Balance issues. Need excessive

Pain.Fatigue. Weak legs. Balance issues. Need excessive sleep.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

what is your question?

This can be from many problems.

Where is your pain?

The situation sounds neurological, but if you have pain in the joints extensively, this can also be the reason, due to faulty proprioception.

In any case, you need an exam and weakness would indicate a possible emergency.

If you can not see your doctor right now, go to the ER.

Weakness is never normal. If this is a spinal problem, possibly needs immediate intervention.

Brain disease, muscle disease, and spinal disease all need to be considered.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain is mainly in worst in previously injured now arthritic joints like wrist and shoulders, however aching lower back and legs especially.bad when I am working despite two knee and one hip replacements. Tiredness is biggest issue. Cannot get up before about 10 a.m. life and work are a bit of a struggle!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

OK

So you need to see a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist.

This is NOT physical therapist, but an MD that specializes in manual medicine , also called a psysiatrist.

A physiatrist is an MD or DO doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation, who will tailor a physical therapy to you and your tests, and can do the tests, and who will also use novel electronic and traction therapies, and can handle pain control or work with your pain control doctor and your other doctors.
The reason physical therapy often does not help is because it is not individualized.
This doctor will do that as well.
These doctors...physiatrists are oriented to improving the situation to the point that you don't need surgery or medications.

This will particularly help with balance problems.

In addition, the doctor can do office testing on your muscles and nerves to see exactly how much compromise there is.