Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My daughter takes thyroxin daily, has had an operation and

My daughter takes thyroxin daily, has had an operation for endometriosis and has been treated for vulva dynia. Sadly as the endometriosis was not treated for almost 2 years, she may have trouble conceiving. She and her partner are having problems and are currently living apart. Is it likely that I could send her to an Endocrinologist who may be able to take an overall view of these three conditions ( I think they may all be connected) and may be able to help in some way. My daughter is 33 years' old.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

The conditions you mentioned might definitely have a role to play in her not being able to conceive but does not mean that they are causing the infertility. If they have been trying seriously to conceive for a year, then they should visit an infertility clinic, as that is the cut off limit for couples who are seriously trying, since, they have been living apart, they might not be targeting the right days. However, if it has been less than a year, then it is best to first try for a full 12 months before visiting any physician, be it an Endocrinologist or an infertility clinic as they will just tell them to keep trying till it has been a full year.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My main question is if these three conditions are connected and would you be able to recommend an endocrinology specialist in the UK who may be able to take an overview in some way rather than three different specialists. I am not so concerned just now about fertility issues - just her general wellbeing.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Which are in the UK are you based in at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Gynaecological endocrinology clinics are held at Amersham, Stoke Mandeville and Wycombe Hospitals.

Or you can see an Endocrinologist privately like Dr Ian Gallen, High Wycmobe, Bucks.

Wish you good health.