Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have been lying on my back months at night and not been

I have been lying on my back for six months at night and not been very mobile during the day due to illness. I tried lying on my left side one night and now I have very bad pain in my left ribs and pain in my back, what could have have done and how long will it take to heal?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and i will try to help you today. As per your description, the likely cause can be muscular spasm of your back or it can be a pinched nerve or herniated disc. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. You can take over the counter available tablet Aleve twice daily for 3 to 5 days. If you feel better, you can continue for 7 more days but if symptoms persist after that, see your doctor to get your back x rays done and proceed accordingly. You may need stronger pain killer and muscle relaxant. I reassure you that you are going to be alright. If pain doesn't respond to pain killer, you can go to ER. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards