Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Passed week I've had a weird prickly feeling all over my

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
For the passed week I've had a weird prickly feeling all over my body especially in my legs. The prickly feeling can be felt on my arms, legs, face, torso but more in the arms and legs, my hands feet are generally fine. The pain is always prickly and never develops into pins & needles or numbness. Apart from a cold that I got a few weeks ago I'm generally healthy.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None really. I have a suspected Femoral nerve impingement on my right leg, the first Lumbar MRI SCAN I had a few years ago showed a pinched nerve, I then had physio but that didn't help and they advised the location where the pinch was shouldn't give me pain in the femoral nerve area, I went back to the doctors who ordered another lumbar spine MRI, no pinched nerve but some inflammation , currently awaiting on an appointment in August to have some injections in my back to reduce some inflammation. However that pain was always isolated to the right thigh and was a burning pain, now I'm getting this prickly feeling all over which is a bit worrying.

do you take any meds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No none

I would recommend an MRI of the brain

things like MS need to be ruled out

for this to be a widespread problem like this, it might be coming centrally or from the brain

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for this, I'll mention it to my doctor when I speak to him on Tuesday. Yesterday I took the day off and relaxed and done some gardening, I had no prickling pain so I think anxiety is a factor, I think there is some nerve problem in my right leg which initially gives me the prickly sensation down my right leg I then think it's my head that panics and causes these sensation in the rest of the body. Is there anything I can do to eliviate the pressure on the nerve in the right leg?

Yes, i would do physio or chiro

it is probably sciatica

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the Doctors for my appointment on Tuesday, he doesn't seem too worried but has sent me for blood tests to check my vitamin b levels and glucose and prescribed me Amitriptyline.
If they come back normal where should I go next with this?
I've had 2 lumbar scans both came back relatively normal so the doc is doesn't think there's an actually problem with my lower back, is an MRI the next logical route?
Regards David

please accept additional services