DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My throat is painful when I speak or sing it's worse. I've

Customer Question

My throat is painful when I speak or sing it's worse. I've been to a specilist who put cameras down throat and gave me the 'all clear' for cancer. Why is my neck feeling painful and strained constantly my symptoms haven't improved if anything they're worsening
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

Hopefully the camera was put into your esophagus.

You could have acid reflux causing this.

The only way to tell for sure is PH monitoring of the esophgus with special equipment to see if you have acid coming up. It does not wound like this was done.

Another possibility is disc disease in the cervical spine, the neck. This can cause a sore neck and a painful throat, if it is severe enough.

Infection they would have seen.

I suggest that you see a gastroenterologist if all you saw was an ear nose and throat doctor, for PH monitoring.

Spasm of the neck muscles and vocal cords is also possible

This possibility should also be discussed with your doctors.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Thomas thankyou for your reply. I attended my God who referred me to specialist ent doctor at the hermitage clinic lucan county Dublin Ireland. The specialist said I needed to attend vocal training which I find is a mockery. I truly feel unwell with pain at my thyroid going around to both sides of my neck. My vocal cords feel bruised when I speak and my ears are blocked like cabin pressure you get on an airplane. I constantly have to pop them by holding my nose and closing my mouth mimic breathing out. I'm 8 weeks attending vocal coaching but there is no improvement it's getting worse.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

OK

Thanks for the info.

Please read my question again.

I talk about other possibilities that need to be checked.

An MRI of the neck, and while they are at it a look of the sinuses, would be useful.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

I would recommend a trial of allergy and acid reflux meds

This is a lot cheaper and simpler than getting sophisticated testing

Ask your GP to do this for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hi We can not examine you or diagnose you.

So your doctor has to decide if you need further testing.

I have mentioned acid reflux, but since the specialist has said no to this, you in fact do need further testing.

Find me anytime for safe and accurate answers.

Please click a positive rating.