Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had un protected sex on Sunday with a female friend and as

Customer Question

Hello doctor. I had un protected sex on Sunday with a female friend and as soon I we were finished I had an irration my urethra. I still have the irration now that is 5 days later. My urethra is slightly swollen. No discharge or pain when urinating. What could it be
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

There is a possibility of infection with chlamydia even if you do not have a discharge or pain when passing urine.

I would recommend that you should have a urine PCR test for chlamydia.

If proven you will require a course of an antibiotic to cure this.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought it took a few days for an std to show up. I got the irration 2 minutes after having sex
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

It is UNLIKELY, I agree, to be an STD as STDs will take a few days.

But at times STDs can be deceptive.

Diseases do not read books.

It could be just an irritation in your penis due to a minor sexual trauma, in which case it can take up to a couple of weeks to heal up.

But if it does not heal up and your symptoms persist then you need to be seen.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would it be ok to have sex with her this weekend be cause we are going away on holidays for a few days.it was worse a few days than now but the past few days it has just been the same
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Yes you can have sex with her this weekend.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you want me to send a picture
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Yes that would be great

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It won't let me send a picture. How do you send 1
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you get it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

It is only mildly swollen.

I would not worry a great deal at all.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is only slightly swollen. Its just I have an irration on it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's not an std is it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

It is VERY UNLIKELY to be a STD.

Sorry for the late response as I was away for a while.

Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Are you with me?

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way I am paid by the website for helping you out.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anything I can take to help it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

At the present moment the thing that you can do at your home is drink plenty of liquids to flush out any bugs out of your body.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have more questions.

It is only when you rate me, is when I am paid by the website.

I would appreciate that you submit a rating.

Kindest regards