Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I wondered if you could offer some advice? I went to see my

Customer Question

I wondered if you could offer some advice? I went to see my GP on Monday as I have been having issues with bouts of Nausea over the last 5/6 years. It comes and can stay for a while but then it goes away, sometimes for a while. Recently it has come back and it is very debilitating when it comes on! I am not ever sick, just feel sick and I have also noticed my stools are loose.
I have a stress and I do get worked up with both stress and anxiety and I keep hoping that this is what is causing my symptoms. I told my GP all of this and he has ordered a stool test which I am waiting on results from.
Do you have any ideas what is wrong with me? I am not losing weight, I do not have headaches and my appetite in general is fine. I am just worried something is seriously wrong with me???
Darren
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

This is VERY UNLIKELY to be anything serious or anything to worry about.

If it were anything serious like cancer, in five years, you would have already been in the heavens without treatment.

I would also like that you should be tested for the H. pylori bug with a stool antigen test or a hydrogen breath test.

At times infection with this bug can cause a bit of gastritis (inflammation of your stomach) causing the nausea that you are having.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your reply. I am starting to wonder if I do need maybe antibiotics and depending on my stool test result this may clear this up?

I enjoy keeping fit and my diet is healthy but the nausea does get me down when it comes on! I find that playing with the kids is hard (I have a 15 month old and 5 year old boy!) It is hard when the nausea is there as it makes me feel poorly and not in the mood for playing with my two boys! I just want to get to the bottom of this as for a good few years it does come and go!

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Yes this may clear up with antibiotics depending on your stool test results or breath test result.

Also another possibility is increased acidity for which you can try taking omeprazole which is available without a prescription by the name of prilosec that you can take for at least four to eight weeks to see if that helps.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

So you don't think it's cancer or anything too serious? I have been here before like I said and the nausea has been worse then this at times. It's kind of moderate so I can still do everything but I just know that it's there. It kind of feels like slight travel sickness. My bowel movements have always been up and down so I haven't worried too much about this as again it's been a trend for a good few years!

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

NO not at all.

I do not think this is cancer.

I think it is your anxiety that is getting the better of you.

I am sorry for the late response as I was away for a while.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately my stool test result has come back and it's normal....but I have been asked to make an appointment with my gp. I guess that is to further evaluate the nausea? I was hoping that something would be picked up but maybe it is just stress and anxiety?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your response.

Can you please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

I will continue answering your question even after I receive your rating.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just rated you. Can you answer please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you get my last question?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Yes that is to further evaluate the nausea that you are having.

I would recommend trying something like omeprazole or prilosec to see if that would help with your nausea because at times nausea is due to increased acidity that improves by taking something like omeprazole.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I will ask him about taking something like you have recommended which will hopefully help. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

You are most welcome