DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have been experiencing a feeling in my ears/ head

For sometime I have been experiencing a feeling in my ears/ head constantly, it's a sort of muzzy whooshing feeling (very uncomfortable) worse when everything is quiet or when I lay down to sleep, it's not that apparent when I'm busy with work or interacting with other people. It's worse when I'm a bit stressed or excited. Sometimes It feels in time with my pulse. My doctor has done preliminary checks and said he doesn't think it's anything to worry about. I said I would like to get checked out. I have seen a cardiologist, he said I have an irregular heart beat which could be the cause. I'm having further tests. I just wondered if you could shed any light on the matter. Thanks Keith
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

It is called tinnitus, which can have many causes.

It is mandatory that you see an ear nose and throat doctor to get your hearing checked.

The most common cause of this is damage to the hearing.

Without fail, that doctor must be consulted.

Other causes are inner ear problems, other ear problems, tumor of the haring nerve, blood vessel problems, TMJ, cervical spine disease, anxiety, meniere's disease, and so on.

ENT is next.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could this problem be Pulsatile Tinnitus ?