DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I work on a deli section in a supermarket and keep having

I work on a deli section in a supermarket and keep having time off with sickness and diarrhoea could it be working with open foods making me unwell?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

There is no such scientific route of transmission of infection which cause diarrhea by handling deli section. It mostly transmitted through diet. You might have a chronic bug which is causing the symptoms again and again. I would suggest you to get a stool culture while having diarrhea to identify the cause so that it can be treated accordingly and completely. I would suggest you to keep your gloves on while handling foods and wash your hands thoroughly before eating meals.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

If you are handling raw meat, not washing your hands, and then transmitting this to food you eat, or to your mouth in any way, this can be the cause.

So make sure you are taking the correct precaustions.

Othewise, there are many causes of diarrhea...irritable bowel syndrome

inflammatory bowel disease

parasites

So see a GI doctor to get to the bottom of this.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me anytime for correct answers.

DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Find me anytime in medical and save time for correct, up to date and comprehensive answers.

I am here daily.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/