DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have just found out that I am in the middle of the

hi I am Imelda. I have just found out that I am in the middle of the menopause. I had a blood test last week which confirmed this. my fsh is 44. do I need to use contraception now or in the future. could you please answer me this thanking you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You need to use contracpetion now.

You are less likely to get pregnant, but still can.

Only after your periods have completely stopped and your doctor clears you would there be minimal to zero risk.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/