Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I've had a on my arm a while now(over a month) i can't

I've had a mark on my arm for quite a while now(over a month) i can't remember when i got it specifically but i think it was when i scraped my arm off the door. I showed my doctor it when i was there and she was unconcerned. It seems like a greeny scrape. The only thing is worrying me is that it isn't going away. I have taken a few pictures of it if that helps. Thanks.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had any sort of response in the best part of two days. I paid to have my question answered so obviously i that is still the case since it hasn't been.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Could you attach a picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just added 3 picture files. Do you see them?

Yes, let me review them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you.

The appearance on the pictures is consistent with hemosiderin staining of the skin. When there has been trauma to the skin, there can be some leaking of blood into the tissue, which we see as a bruise. In some cases, the heme iron will deposit in a deep layer of skin and remain there indefinitely, similar to the way tattoo ink will remain in the skin.

This is not a concern and you do not need to be concerned about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so it probably did happen from me scraping my arm off the door? How long does this sort of staining last before it goes away?

Yes.

It can commonly last months or years, and in some people, it may never go away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for your help. You've put my mind at ease.

You are most welcome.

Please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.