Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My partner has large duct primary sclerosing cholangitis, I

Hi, my partner has large duct primary sclerosing cholangitis, I know this can be cured but can anything be done about the pruritus? It's driving him mad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't be cured, sorry
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will be helping you today. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes there are certain options for treating pruritis in his case. The doctor can try cholestyramine. It's a drug that is known to reduce the itching in such cases. It takes around 4 days to start acting. If it fails the next option is rifampin which is primarily an anti bacterial but somehow it has shown very good results in refractory pruritus associated with cholangitis. Another option here is a drug called marinol. If everything fails then plasmapheresis can be done. So yes he can get rid of this pruritis. I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry but I was looking for a homeopathic remedy not conventional medicine
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

OK no problem. Please contact justanswer and they will shift your question to homeopathy. Regards