Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I was addicted to solphadiene years taking around 8 a

I was addicted to solphadiene for 18 years taking around 8 a day...I've stopped about 10 days ago and I've got terrible anxiety and severe restless legs at night, I'm tempted to go and buy some just to wean myself off them better..is that wise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also want to add I've been taking magnesium tablets at night to help..it doesn't seem to help the restless legs.. I managed to only get about 2 hours sleep last night.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will be helping you today. Were you taking solphadine with codeine? Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was 8mg of codeine per tablet, taking 8 a day for 18 years
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your Input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. You are having withdrawal symptoms due to codeine. You can take over the counter available tablet Aleve twice daily for pain but for anxiety you must go to A & E to get anti anxiety drugs. They are required on short term basis and will help you to get rid of these withdrawal symptoms. Magnesium has no role here to help you. Please follow my advice otherwise the anxiety will keep on worsening over next days. I reassure you that with anti anxiety drugs you are going to be alright. If A & ENT refuses to help you then you should visit your GP but this is how you have to get rid of these symptoms. There is no shortcut and there is no home treatment for it. Aleve however will provide you some relief. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards