Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My Granddaughter is on medication (not working) Dust mite

My Granddaughter is on medication for depression (not working) Dust mite allergy antihistamine and has recently been put on blood pressure tablets as her bp was high.
She had her Gallbladder out in December 2015 and we thought that would stop the stomach pain she has been getting at night but it hasn't, this has been going on for a couple of years.
Previously now she had the following symptoms about 3 weeks ago
1)A food poisoning like sickness which she battled through but had to take some days off work.
2)As the sickness stopped obviously she had a sore throat and put it down to being sick, however the throat pain has increased to the point that she hasn't been able to speak for the last couple of days.
In her words
sore throat, no voice hardly, sweating, hot, cold, sore left lower abdomen (new symptom tonight) , breathing difficulty at times, hurts my chest on the right to even talk, cant have soda as it burns can only tolerate water and is drinking very well.
She went to her doctor's 3 days ago and they discovered her pulse was 200. She was told that if it stayed high she would have to go to hospital but it went down to 128 so they let her go.
I taught her to take her pulse once she got home and we now take it each night and morning or if something stressful occurs, So far it was 76 at total rest 84 after having a shower but 110 when she came in after having to go out where she has to talk.
She is 23 and working with food ,making sandwiches and serving Ice cream and pizza at a very busy tourist attraction
1.) What in your opinion do you think she has?
2.) Should she be attending work like this?
3.) Can you think of any easy home remedies as they live half hour -hour drive to anywhere, she doesn't have a licence to drive, only her mum does and she works nights,
Any assistance you can give would be great thanks for listening
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Temperature 98.9 2 degrees higher than normal, feels faint and nearly fell when she got up a few moments ago.
Only other medication is Birth control. Bp med Benazepril for 1.5 years Anti depressant which is not working at all venlafaxine ER about 5 months ago. Antihistamine Loratadine several years. Conditions PTSD diagnosed not long ago, dyslexia, High functioning Autism, General Learning disabilities.

Thanks for this question

It sounds like an ulcer or acid reflux

does she complain of acid?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no no acid and am concerned about whether she should work tomorrow
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
She has no voice and works with food to give to tourists. Her mother has strep throat and pink eye currently and coughs badly but she was swabbed for it the time before last and it wasn't positive. In a doctors opinion should she be going to work if she is 2 degrees above normal so can't cope with any more heat, coughing so shouldn't be around food and goes lightheaded so may fall?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will wait with anticipation as to your answers to my questions
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.

The system says that you have requested a new expert.

I would be more concerned that the recent symptoms are more of a viral infection. Loss of voice associated with an increase in temperature is very common to be a viral infection. It also is concerning that she is getting dehydrated, which can cause her to feel lightheaded and can cause an increase in heart rate.

It would be better for her to stay home from work. It also would be important for her to be drinking large amounts of fluids to improve hydration, and it would be better if the fluids include electrolytes, such as fruit juices or sports drinks.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know. Once I have answered your questions, please provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.