DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a pain in my big toe on my right foot,it's a sharp

I have a pain in my big toe on my right foot,it's a sharp stabbing pain down the left hand side of the nail it's painful to touch and walk there's no discolouration of the nail but the skin is red and swollen from the first knuckle up the left side and across the front. Please can you help as this is very painful. I have digerati disc disease and type two diabetes, I take morphine twice a day for the pain in my back as well as tablets for my diabetes
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

This can be a progression of the disc disease.

I am not sure what your medical questions is, but I assume you want to know what to do.

Other possibilities are, infection and gout.

Or, arthritis.

Given the history of disc disease, I am concerned.

I would get an exam ASAP, an an MRI of the lower spine if not done recently.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't look like gout as it's just down the side of my nail.i haven't had an mri for over a year.will make appointment with my G.p thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome anytime

Any questions.

Save time and find me by request in medical for fast, accurate and comprehensive answers.