Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I need some help. I am a healthy 32 year old male with no

I need some help. I am a healthy 32 year old male with no medical history. I suffer from anxiety about my health and have struggled with this for a quite a few years and have tried and tried to improve in this regard. I recently had some extrasystoles or extra beats and a bit of a dull ache afterwards. This made me anxious and so just over a week ago I went to see a cardiologist. He ordered blood tests, which were all normal CRP, Troponin T were all normal as we're blood counts and he also said I have very very good cholesterol. I also had an EKG and an echocardiogram which were normal. He told me extrasystoles are common even in healthy people and are benign. A few days later I felt a bit of pain in the chest or some funny sensations and this made me a little anxious. I know I am fine I have had a lot of thorough tests, only a week ago and I don't have any symptoms, its just that when I feel something in the chest area I get anxious, it's difficult at times mentally, do you have any suggestions in this case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also just to add I feel as though if I keep going to doctors in the end they will refer me to a physiologist which I don't want to happen. I am being very open and honest as I don't really have anyone to talk to about this.
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.

I understand your concern.

Stress, anxiety, fear are emotions that may trigger extrasystoles and then resulting in such symptoms

You can take OTC Aspirin.

Also do deep breathing.

Acid reflux can be contributing to pain also so try OTC Prilosec.

Avoid caffeine,alcohol,spicy food,chocolate,high sugary food which can also trigger extrasystole.

Almost 95% cases of extrasystoles are caused by stress and not by a physical heart problem.

Try chamomile,lemon tea.

Always keep a positive attitude.

Take plenty of sleep.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I do have some follow up questions. Can the results of an echo change in a few days, in other words how long are they valid, the doctor said all my results were normal and I am in really good shape. But whenever I feel anything in the chest even a small pain I get anxious even though I have had all these tests which were normal.

No,results of echo can't change in few days.

They are valid for more than 6 months.

As per your history,you shouldn't undergo repeat testing before 1 year.

Your results are normal so needn't to worry.

Keep faith on yourself,god and doctors.

You are fine.

Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. How can I get confidence? If I have had all these checks whenever I feel something in my chest area I get anxious how does one get confidence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the checks were fine but whenever I feel any small pain or discomfort in the chest I think about the heart, how do you suggest I overcome this?

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

You should try such self care measures which we discussed earlier.

Meditation,yoga,aerobic exercises can be tried.

Listen to music, meditate, get a massage.

Count to 10 slowly and do deep breathing.

Exercise can be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But how does one know that feelings in the chest are not related to their heart? so discomfort or pain etc?

Monitor your blood pressure and pulse rate.

Also take OTC Aspirin and Prilosec when you feel pain in chest.

Most likely you feel better.

And your blood pressure and pulse rate would be normal.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but I don't really have pain, I just sometimes have funny sensations. Could this be due to anxiety?

Yes,this could be due to anxiety.

Hope this helps.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the best way, to not worry when I feel sensations in the chest what would your advise be? I have had all the tests and have been told I am fine so how can remain calm and confident when I feel sensations what would be your advise? This is why I asked if results of an echo can change after a few days.

Meditation,yoga,aerobic exercises.listen to music, meditate, get a massage and count to 10 slowly and do deep breathing are best ways.

Results of echo can't change in few days.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. I do have one more question on this with sensations in the chest if one focuses on these too much can they also lead to anxiety. If all my tests were normal and I sometimes get sensations in the chest how do I then control the anxiety or not think about it?

Yes,they can lead to anxiety.

You should try such measures as we discussed earlier.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also would you say that tightness or chest discomfort which I had a week after all the tests came back normal would not be related to the heart?

Yes.

They wouldn't be related to heart.

It's good to provide positive rating before continuing this conversation.

Avoid poor/bad rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But how can i tell?

Your investigations tell your heart is fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even if they tell the heart is fine and I feel some tightness or discomfort do you think a week is too little for these to just change?

Yes,it couldn't happen in a week.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you for confirming but then how would you describe this feeling of tightness and discomfort which happened about a week after I had all the results of the tests which were all normal? Would you say it's unlikely these sensations were related to the heart? For some reason I am still a bit anxious, I know you said nothing would just changed in a week. I guess I just need to believe that and be confident, but when I try too do so It keeps coming up into my mind, why did I have some brief moment of chest tightness and some discomfort even though I know only from a week ago that everything is fine. Thank you for your patience I will give you a good rating.

It's panic attack.

I really assure you 100 % definitely it's not heart related.

Your heart is fine.

Avoid poor/bad rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for you confirmation. How can you be so sure?

I am a board certified physician with more than 30 years of experience in medical field.

So I assure you again.

I would assist you further when you provide a positive rating.